This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Admin 1 year, 11 months ago.
February 3, 2018 at 10:43 pm #4933
- Permanent Resident
General Forum Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our Immigrant Circle, Canada’s online immigrant community. We have established some basic guidelines and rules for participation, which will ensure a conducive atmosphere and best possible experience for all members.
By posting on this forum, you agree that you have read and will comply with the forum rules and guidelines below.
- Respect – Treat every community member with respect. All posts should be courteous. It is okay to disagree with your fellow community members but please do so respectfully and explain your perspective.
- Cross posting – No cross posting questions or topic bumping. Please refrain from posting the same question in several forums. There is always one forum best suited for your question.
- Advertising – Advertising is not permitted on the forums. If you have questions or require clarification, please contact the administrator.
- Illegal Activities – Any activity not allowed by the Canadian government will not permitted in this community as well.
- Personal Information – Do not request or post any personal information such as your email address, name, phone numbers, contact address etc. on this forum.
- Spam – The definition of spam is any unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites, or posts with little or completely unrelated content. Please do not spam the forum with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums etc. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Solicitation – Do not send private messages to community members asking for help. If you require any form of assistance, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum and get the assistance of the community.
- Image size – Please refrain from posting images larger than 800×600 as this may affect community members with slow internet speeds.
- Bullying – Insults, Bullying, flaming and personal attacks against any community member will be not tolerated. Failure to comply with this rule after the first warning will result in 10 days muting.
- Discrimination – Discrimination of any form will not be tolerated in this community. You are not allowed to insult any member of this forum based on their religion, race, political beliefs, or sexual orientation. Every member of the immigrant circle is equal and should be treated so! Failure to comply with this rule after the first warning will result in 10 days muting.
- Inappropriate language – Please be mindful of the language you use on the forum. Community members cut across different age groups. Avoid swearing unnecessarily. If the words in your post are replaced with ****, kindly edit your post to prevent deletion.
- Hacking – Any form of hacking will not be tolerated in this community. Guessing and accessing members’ account without their consent counts as hacking. Any member who hacks will instantly be permanently banned without any warning.
- Inappropriate content – Please do not post inappropriate material. Any material that you would not feel comfortable viewing at work or in front of children or parents is considered inappropriate for this forum.
- Accountability – Nobody is above the law in this community. Administrators and moderators will be held to a higher standard of conduct and accountability.
Consequences of Breaking Community Guidelines
The course of action to be taken when a community guidelines / rule is broken is dependent on the infraction and the process is as follows:
- 1st time offenders: A correction private message (PM) will been sent and no further action taken.
- 2nd time offenders: A warning PM will be sent to the erring member and no further action will be taken.
- 3rd time offenders: The user account of the erring member will be muted for 3 days.
- 4th time offenders: The user account of the erring member will be muted for 10 days.
- 5th time offenders: Any member who causes further problems after being muted for 10 days will be temporarily banned for a month.
- 6th time offenders: Any member who causes further problems after a one month temporary ban will be banned for 2 months.
- 7th time offenders: Permanent ban. Any member who breaks the rule after a two months ban will be permanently banned to prevent subsequent problems.
Please PM the administrator if you require further information or clarification.
- Muting – A situation where the member cannot post on the forum but can still view it.
- Temporary Ban – A situation where the member cannot view or post on the forum for a certain period.
- Permanent Ban – A situation where the member account is deactivated.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.